Friday, 29 August 2008

MIDGHAM PARISH COUNCIL Minutes August 26th 2008 Unapproved



Minutes of the meeting held in the Village Hall on Tuesday August 26th 2008 at 7.30 p.m.

Present were Mr R Disson (Chairman), Mr. D. Lombardo, Mr J Goddard, Mrs. M. Rusbridge, Mr S Sawyer, Mr J Ormrod, Mrs I Neill,(district councillor) and the Clerk Mrs. E Berry and six members of the public.

Apologies There were none.

Chairman’s statement - Following discussions with other councillors, Mr Disson announced his intention to continue in the role of Chairman.

Introduction of Status Report – Mr Sawyer has produced a document for use at each meeting to record action points allocated to each councillor.

Declarations of interest: There were none.

Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were read approved and signed.

Matters arising: there were none.

Public Time – no points were raised.

District Councillor’s Report: Mrs Neill reported that the new waste collection is continuing smoothly. Theale parish council have been awarded £9000 from the lottery fund to aid production of their parish plan. West Berks Council has been told that they will be expected to provide 10,500 new homes for the future. Councillors have an opportunity to contribute to this matter in the spatial plan which is currently circulating.
Matters at Nursery Copse are continuing slowly and more progress should be made soon.

Village Hall

Mr Ormrod circulated a document with proposals for the administration of the day to day affairs of the hall. He will examine the conveyance document together with any other relevant information and report back to the next meeting, when a vote will be taken on the next action to take. An article has appeared in the Parish magazine asking for volunteers, but there has been no response. Mr Lombardo will draft a letter to all residents seeking more offers of help.

CCB are holding a conference on Village Halls on 4th October at Cold Ash. There were no volunteers at the meeting but the chairman will check to see if others may be able to attend.

Meeting with Dr Markham

Mr Ormrod agreed to prepare a document for discussion at the next meeting.

Clerk’s report:
Annual risk assessment Review – Mrs Rusbridge proposed acceptance of the document and Mr Ormrod seconded.

Financial statement: c/a £442.89 d/a £15,872.69

Bills to be paid: Pike Bros for repair of Midgham Green seat £111.63
Clerks salary and reimbursements £560.92
The Councillors present approved these amounts for payment.
Planning
New applications:
08/01295/FULD – Hallcourt Farm – conversion of farm building – Mr Sawyer had visited the neighbours and discussed their reservations regarding protection of trees, increased traffic and provision of water storage. They have already made their comments to WBC, and apart from these points there are no objections to the proposed development.
Decisions
08/01169 – Gardeners Cottage - Block of 3 stables - Refused
08/00911/FULD – The Barn, Old Acre – Approved
08/01082/HOUSE – Kents Down Farm - Approved

Correspondence:

West Berks Council – Supplementary Planning guidance – to be circulated.
Local Transport Plan 2 Consultation – to be circulated.
Highway Improvement Programmes – 2008/2009
Flooding Issues – Mr Goddard had replied concerning the possibility of an earth retaining bund querying where it would be built. Clerk to write to residents of Brimpton Road to ask for views and possibly hold a meeting with them and an engineer from WBC.
CPRE Bradfield District AGM 28 August 2008 and Newbury District 3 September 2008.
Bus Shelter – Allianz have replied confirming that they will reimburse the parish council for a new shelter up to the sum insured. Clerk is waiting for more details from WBC and hopes to have the information by the next meeting.
Hill House – Mr Sawyer has spoken with the owners and more information has been received from WBC reiterating that materials can be changed from the original plans, and are not subject to WBC controls.
Representations were received from members of the public following which it was agreed that the clerk would write again to the WBC regarding the conditions and asking whether the owner has applied for permission for the changes to the original plans.

Play Area – No problems to report.

Mr Lombardo and Mrs Neill left the meeting at this point.

Midgham Green: Mr Ormrod agreed to obtain estimates for scheduled maintenance of Midgham Green. The tapes will be left in place until the logs have been purchased and the new surface consolidated. Mrs Rusbridge will obtain information about logs.

Parish Plan: Mr Disson and Mrs Rusbridge will look at this further and report at the next meeting.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.05 p.m.

The next meeting will be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 23 September 2008 at 7.30 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a comment

<< Home