Monday, 27 July 2009

MPC Minutes February 2009

MIDGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held in the Village Hall on Tuesday February 24th 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

Present were Mr S Sawyer (Deputy Chairman), Mr. D. Lombardo, Mr J Goddard, Mrs. M. Rusbridge, the Clerk Mrs.E Berry, Mrs I Neill District Councillor and four members of the public.

Apologies were received from Mr R Disson and Mr J Ormrod.

Declarations of interest: Mr Sawyer declared an interest in Midgham Green as he lives there.

Minutes: The minutes of the previous meeting were read approved and signed.

Matters arising: There were none.

Public Time The clerk was asked to check with WBC regarding the flooding of the footpath in Midgham Park. It was noted that the broken stile had been repaired in Midgham Park but another stile is broken on footpath 3 and the footpath sign in Birds Lane is currently obscured. The footpath sign by the church is not pointing along the footpath and there is a lot of dog fouling in the area. Additionally there has been vandalism and 4 separate incidents of criminal damage to a vehicle near the church, which have been reported to the community police officer.

District Councillor’s Report – Nursery Copse – Discussions are ongoing with the legal team and the certificate of lawfulness is still being considered. No date has been set for the appeal as yet.

The Council Tax rise has been set at 3.9%. Travel tokens for the elderly and disabled are likely to be cut.
There will be an initiative to encourage schoolchildren to walk or cycle to school.

Village Hall Discussion & Update – No news to report. Councillors to canvass for volunteers and report back to the next meeting.

New Bus Shelters Mr Disson had attended a site meeting with WBC representative and agreed the sites for the new shelters. Clerk to confirm continued action with Paul Hyde.

Fly Tipping in Birds Lane There had been some reports of fly tipping but it does seem to have been removed now.

Village Gateway signs Mr Sawyer raised the possibility of obtaining these together with reviewing the speed limits in the village. Clerk to contact WBC to obtain further information about the criteria for setting speed limits.

Midgham Green Maintenance – The logs have been placed around the green however the contractor failed to contact Mrs Rusbridge before hand to discuss their positions. It was expected that they would be laid lengthwise but they have been placed as stumps around the edges and it was felt that this will not serve the purpose. Mrs Rusbridge will take the matter up with the contractor. Letters have been received from Midgham Green residents expressing their dissatisfaction with the logs and their positioning which will be replied to following her investigations.
Quotes for maintenance of the green will be discussed at the next meeting.

Clerks’ report:Financial statement: c/a £233.08 d/a £18,312.24

Bills to be paid: Clerks salary & reimbursements £534.58. The councillors present approved this amount for payment.

Planning: New applications:

09/00124/HOUSE Mulberry House, Carbinswood Lane – The majority of councillors did not object to the application but noted that the proposed development is extremely large and queried whether it would be within current planning policy.

Decisions: 08/01909/FUL fence for tennis court at Bailiff’s House – conditional approval
08/02268/HOUSE Tree House at Bailiff’s House – application withdrawn.

Correspondence:

Application for Renewal of Street Trading Consent for Sun Hill Lay By. No objections except that the application mentioned that the burger trailer would be open until 4.00am. Clerk to query this with WBC.

Woolhampton Parish council had replied concerning allotments. They state that they have no tenancy records relating to the boundary change in 1991 and confirm that they have a policy of requiring allotment holders to reside in Woolhampton. Clerk to make further enquiries of WBC and land registry concerning the boundary change and land ownership.

District Parish Conference Event 17 March 2009 will be held at 6.00pm in the council offices. Mr Disson will attend.

WBC has booked the village hall for the European parliamentary elections on 4th June 2009.

Parish Plan Update – Next meeting will be 2 March and the committee and organisation of volunteers will be discussed. A number of residents have expressed interest in helping with the plan. A request has been received for £200 loan from the parish council to fund activities in advance of grants coming through. Following a vote the amount was agreed in principle but it was noted that the parish plan committee would have to set up a bank account to receive the cheque, or claim the monies back after they have been purchased, as cash sums cannot be advanced. Proposed by S Sawyer, seconded D Lombardo. It was also suggested that the loan might not need to be repaid

It was confirmed that volunteers carrying out parish plan business will be covered by the parish council insurance.

Play Area – The bin does need emptying but no problems to report.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.00 p.m.

The next meeting will be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 24 March 2009 at 7.30pm.

0 Comments:

Post a comment

<< Home