Wednesday, 30 June 2010

May 2010 Minutes

MIDGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held in the Village Hall, Tuesday 25th May 2010 at 7.30 p.m.

Present were Mr H Long (Chairman), Mrs M Rusbridge, Mr D Lombardo, Mr J Goddard, the Clerk Mrs A Spoor and 1 member of the public.

1. Election of Chairman – Mr Hanslip Long was duly re-elected as chairman. Proposed by Mrs Rusbridge, seconded by Mr Lombardo. Declaration of Acceptance of Office was signed.

2. Resignations – there were none.

3. Apologies for absence were received from Mr Jeffrey Carey who is away on business and Mrs I Neill who had another meeting. Mr J Ormrod did not attend.

4. Declarations of interest – Mr Lombardo declared an interest re Play area as he resides next door. It was agreed that Mr Lombardo should participate in the discussion but not be included in any voting.

5. Minutes of the previous meeting held on Tuesday 27th April 2010 were read, approved and signed. Correction noted to Correspondence – ‘Rowlands’ Copse should read ‘Nursery’ Copse.

6. Matters arising:
- Parish Council meeting – there were none
- Annual Village Meeting: i) matter re opening to wood below M Inwood’s property is being dealt with following consultation with Mr Lovell. Delay due to ill health – Mr Inwood is aware that matter is being resolved.
ii) Play equipment c/f to agenda item 15
iii) Emergency Planning – c/f to agenda item 11

7. Annual Accounts for 2009/ 2010 were presented by the clerk, agreed by the councillors present and signed by the chairman and the clerk. It was agreed that as the new clerk had taken over prior to preparation of the internal audit it was acceptable for Mr M Berry the previous clerk’s husband to undertake the audit. It was also agreed to add item to next agenda re keeping valuable documents in a fireproof safe.

8. District Councillor’s report - the District Councillor was not present.

Mrs Rusbridge gave a brief update of the Nursery Copse Inquiry having attended it on behalf of the parish council. The Chairman thanked Mrs Rusbridge for the considerable amount of time she has given in support of this case and apologised for the lack of support from other councillors. Mrs Rusbridge highlighted that the time given had been to the detriment of her personal work commitments and she was concerned that she may be the sole person with the knowledge. Two members of the public also attended.

The Inquiry took place over 3 days after being adjourned on day one due to illness.
Given the complex history of the site, WBC was represented by a Barrister. The Inquiry covered the entire history of Nursery Copse concentrating on the applicant, Mr Rogers’ use of the land. Conclusions of the case will be available when the Inspector will pass his ruling – this report should be available end June/early July. It was useful to have Parish Council representation.

Mrs Rusbridge recommends that a meeting with the head of planning or appropriate legal person is planned in response to the results of the Inquiry. Mr Lombardo and Mrs Rusbridge would hope to attend this meeting.

Resolved: Clerk to establish when results would be available and to organise a meeting.


9. Public Time – Miss Di Hibberd (the member of the public present):
- noted and thanked that the Woolhampton side of Church Hill had been strimmed and cut
- thanked Mrs Rusbridge for her continued commitment to the Nursery Copse case on behalf of the village.
Mrs Rusbridge thanked Miss Hibberd for weeding the corner of Birds Lane.


10. Village Hall:
Cleaning of hall – Mrs Gravil is still cleaning the hall. It was noted that Mrs Gravil may need a safety briefing. Mrs Rusbridge will look into the forthcoming Fire course.
Resolved: Clerk to make contact with Mrs Gravil and make arrangements to brief her.

Update following Village Hall AGM: Mrs Rusbridge advised that 5 members of the public attended the public meeting. The trustees discussed the options for the hall 1) make more use of it 2) transfer it the Parish Council 3) continue as present until money runs out the shut the door. The 5 people present favoured the hall’s continued use and made various suggestions on how the hall could potentially be used and were keen to meet again. The next meeting of the trustees is 24 June 2010. Mr Long apologised for not being able to attend due to other commitments.

Village Hall committee – Mike Berry has agreed to be acting treasurer until a replacement is found.

11. Town and Emergency Planning: – The Seminar 22 June clashes with next PC meeting. Mr Long will contact WBC to see if it is important to attend the seminar but the concern was raised that if the Parish Council was not represented we compromise our right to complain. If attendance is required the June meeting could be delayed by a week. Various options of who could be the contact points in the case of an emergency were discussed and the question raised to identify who are the vulnerable residents.

It was noted that the salt bin on Midgham Green was still there whilst others had been collected.

Resolved: The date of the next meeting is to be determined following the Chairman’s contact with Carolyn Murison re the Emergency Planning meeting.
Matter to be carried forward to next month following the seminar.
Clerk to contact WBC re salt bin.

12. Clerks’ report: Financial statement: c/a £657.80 Cr d/a £17836.07 0Cr
Bills to be paid: £84.00 Gardenmo
£374.71 Parish Council Insurance
£50.00 Internal Auditor
£180.00 Village Hall
The councillors present agreed these amounts.

13. Planning:

- Applications – None

- Decisions

- 10/00322/HOUSE Highcroft Kennels – Two storey extension - Conditional Approval
- 10/00388/HOUSE Rowlands Copse (Adjacent Parish) – Approved
- 10/00420/HOUSE Plum Cottage -new double garage, store and log store with home office above – Refused. The Chairman has spoken with the applicant Mrs Percy.

14. Correspondence: West Berks Citizens Advice Bureau – grant of £150 agreed by all councillors present
The Housing Strategy 2010-2015 – consultation document had been mislaid. Clerk to obtain a new copy and circulate for comments to be returned by 4 June.
Broadband provision WBC event 1 July Newbury 6.30pm – no interest in attending
Allotment briefing Woolhampton 10 June – no one is able to attend. Clerk will endeavour to obtain any output from the meeting.
Bucklebury Community questionnaire – clerk to liaise with Bucklebury clerk to try and obtain copy of the findings.

15. Play area i) Re request for play equipment on play area – It was noted that the PC had looked at this issue previously and had not pursued it. Concerns raised - is a small hamlet big enough to sustain play equipment and do we have the manpower to support it.
Resolved: agenda the item again next month when hopefully more councillors will be present to agree way forward.
ii) Inspection report – all OK

Mrs Rusbridge had to leave the meeting at 9.23pm

16. Midgham Green: No progress re reflectors for post. Mr Lombardo will pursue.


There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.25 p.m.

Date of next meeting – 29 June 2010 at 7.30pm – delayed by one week because of clash with Town and Emergency Planning meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a comment

<< Home